July 18th, 2013
This component makes it possible to add users to Joomla from the frontend. This is done by filling out a form and inserting the userdata directly in the database with MySQL queries.
This component is a good solution when your clients dont know how to add a user from the backend. You dont have to explain to your clients anymore how to do this. With this component they can add users from the frontend in a very simple way.
– Choose exactly which input fields to display in the parameters
– Autogenerate usernames and/or passwords
– Send notificationemails
– Generate generic email addresses
– Choose between user groups
Community builder and Jomsocial support:
This components also supports Community builder but you need to switch it on in the components parameters after installing! Once set to CB mode the component will also insert the user data in Community Builder, the added user will be approved and confirmed. This component is also Jomsocial compatible.
Add user frontend for Joomla 1.5 has multiple security measures to make sure that only Super Administrators and Administrators can add users from the frontend.
Add user frontend for Joomla 2.5/3.0 is more flexible because it operates under the Joomla 2.5/3.0 ACL system. This version also allows authors and above to add users. if you configure it like that. By default only Super users have acces. So be carefull with those ACL settings.
Usage of the component:
This component is very simple and can be used by everybody. But its actually intended for webdeveloppers. They can add more input fields in the “add user form” and create additional SQL queries to insert data in the database. This can come in handy when you want to integrate with other joomla extenions.
Therefore i kept the code as simple as possible. People who know a little bit about PHP and SQL queries can easily change this component and use it for whatever they want.
Need K2 integration?
get the K2 user sync plugin for Add user frontend at:
Need more languages?
New in version 1.3.6:
– Joomla 3 compatible
New in version 1.3.5:
– Fixed problem (Changed onAfterStoreUser to onUserAfterSave for J.2.5)
– Some minor bugs fixed
– Joomla 3 compatible
New in version 1.3.4:
– Fixed security issue that made it possible for users to add users with higher ranking then themselves. This issue appeared in the Joomla 2.5 version only! This version is a security release. If you are still using A.U.F 1.3.2 or A.U.F 1.3.3 you certainly must update! A.U.F 1.3.1 and lower are safe.
New in version 1.3.3:
– Fixed small password bug
New in version 1.3.2: