December 14th, 2013
Your /administrator area is vulnerable – secure it with AdminExile. Access keys, IPv4/6 Black/White Lists (IP and CIDR netmasks supported), Brute Force detection. AdminExile has you covered.
The AdminExile Plugin has long been a favored and highly rated extension in the JED. Read the reviews, check out the 9 pages of documentation, and then try it yourself.
* Access key(s) – key only, or key + key value. Others provide one or the other. AdminExile provides BOTH.
* Front-end Restriction – Restrict certain accounts from logging into the front-end with accounts intended only for back-end use.
* Lost Key Recovery – Useful for individuals using extremely difficult keys, or teams who change the keys frequently.
* IP White and Black Lists – Use individual addresses, or CIDR netmasks to define your lists.
* Brute Force Protection – Penalize users who abuse your system.
* Management of blocked addresses – See a list of blacklist attempts and bruteforce attempts, as well as the ability to reset those IP addresses.
* Admin Notification – When abuse comes from a blacklisted address or brute force is detected, an administrator can be sent a notification.
* Stealth Mode – Prevents tell-tale signs that something exists at /administrator, like the session cookie!
There are far too many features to describe in this page. Visit the documentation link to get the bigger picture.
Version 2.2.0 – Feature requests answered:
1. Email once per attack (optional).
2. Separate email to differentiate blacklist and bruteforce attack.
3. separate email configuration for blacklists
4. performance improvements.
Version 2.2.3 – Fix custom field error which occurred only in J3.1
Version 2.2.4 – Fix bug which logs the current user out when (s)he disables a user in the User Manager.
Version 2.2.5 – Feature addition (thank Sebastian Hofmann) – Re-Entry, allows a user who logs out of /administrator to re-enter without keys for a configurable amount of time.
All of my extensions are free and none of my extensions display advertisements or links to my sites or services. If you feel that I have blessed you, then you can bless me by making a contribution to fund future development. Visit the “Website” link to make a contribution.