July 4th, 2011
AJAX Scroller is a Web 2.0 module for Joomla! that displays and scrolls your site’s Articles, Banners, RSS feeds or Twitter updates, which are loaded dynamically using different animation effects.
It can be used to present newsflashes, testimonials, latest news, banners, remote RSS feeds, Twitter updates or any other content with autoplay or manual scrolling. It’s highly optimized, smart and smooth.
AJAX Scroller module for Joomla is highly optimized, hundreds of articles can be displayed and scrolled without any additional load on your website. It uses AJAX technology to pre-load the next article in advance so it’s ready for scroll without delay. Once all items are fetched the remote requests stop while scrolling can continue. The whole process is performed without page refresh, quickly, smoothly and user-friendly.
You can even duplicate the module and show different slideshows on the same page. It can be configured to display several articles at once and remember the last viewed item on page refresh. AJAX Scroller is simple to install and use but powerful in terms of configurations.
AJAX Scroller key features:
- AJAX technology, making the module very quick and user-friendly
- Highly optimized, pre-loading articles in advance
- Stops remote requests when all elements are fetched
- Can display the unlimited number of articles without affecting the page load
- Can display and scroll several articles at a time
- Remembers the last viewed article and starts there on page refresh
- In addition to Articles, it can display Banners, remote RSS feeds and Twitter updates
- User and friends timeline, mentions, lists and keyword search support for Twitter
- Vertical, horizontal scroll and fade switch
- Appealing visual animation slide effects including linear, expo, bounce, back, elastic
- Select displayed articles by category, multiple categories or frontpage state
- Different ordering options including random order
- Can display article images, parsing image mambots
- Optional title and read more link to the article
- Can display only intro, full text or both, limit the text length
- Navigation next/prev buttons, play/pause button and loading image
- Autoplay with customizable pause time
- Strong styling possibilities, uses CSS to customize the appearance
- Possibility to display module within article content using loadposition plugin/mambot
- Possibility to display multiple instances on the same page, with individual styling
- Joomla! 1.5 native (no legacy mode required) and Joomla! 1.0 compatible
- Works with all major browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome