July 6th, 2011
Akeeba Subscriptions is a subscriptions management component for Joomla!™ 1.5/1.6/1.7 and compatible distributions. It’s built using the Nooku Framework and the best practices for rapid web application development which ensure stability and security.
The killer features
– Streamlined administrator interface
– Rich subscription levels (subscription packages) editor which allows you to choose different images for each of your subscriptions and even a different order confirmation and order cancellation text to show to your users.
– The easiest subscription management interface you’ve seen on a component. It will even show you your users’ faces, powered by Gravatar.
– Users can upgrade or expand (renew) their subscriptions. Renewing a subscription will create a new subscription which becomes valid the very second their old one expires. Users do not lose any of their subscription time when renewing, unlike most other subscription systems out there.
– Discount coupon codes which allow you to set an absolute money value or percentage discount for all or a specific subscription level and user, have publish up/publish down dates or a usage limit (e.g. the coupon code is valid only for the first 100 people to use it) – or a combination of any and all of the above!
– Automatic discounts for upgrading or renewing subscriptions based on the subscription level and days of presence in the subscription package. This allows you to easily create rules like: 30% discount if you renew up to 30 days before the end of your subscription, 15% discount if you renew within the last 30 days, no discount otherwise.
– Full support for complex tax calculations based on country, state and ZIP code. It fully integrates with the European Union’s VIES system so that you can charge no VAT tax for intra-EU B2B transactions.
– Integration with third party components like JUGA, K2, DOCman, JCE, NinjaBoard, VirtueMart, Tiendam JomSocial, Community Builder, ccInvoices and much more! Check out our documentation for more information.
– Payment methods: PayPal (for personal, verified and business accounts) is supported out of the box. Other payment methods (ccAvenue, WorldPay, 2Checkout and more) are being added continuously. Check out our documentation for more information.
– Send emails to subscribers upon subscription, when their subscription/payment status changes and when their subscription is about to expire
– All the attention to details that makes a component worthy of carrying the Akeeba label!
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscription (starting at EUR 7.79) to request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
IMPORTANT: READ THE “REQUIREMENTS” DOCUMENTATION PAGE *BEFORE* INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE ON A LIVE SITE!