January 15th, 2019
Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) providers play a vital role in enabling and managing the business features and services in Android — helping customers deploy devices and applications consistently at scale. Today, we’re launching the Android Enterprise Recommended program for Enterprise Mobility Management to help customers find the best equipped EMMs to successfully deploy Android.
Since we’ve collaborated closely with EMM partners over the years, we understand what it takes to demonstrate excellence in this area. With this program, we’re recognizing partners who provide the most comprehensive technical solutions and have knowledgeable teams focused on modern Android security and management.
We’re pleased to welcome Blackberry, Google Cloud, I3 Systems, IBM, Microsoft, MobileIron, Softbank, SOTI, and VMware to the program. These partners have validated solutions or will be launching their offerings throughout 2019, and we’ll add more approved partners over time. More details about our partners can be found here.
Customers can expect Android Enterprise Recommended EMMs to demonstrate the following qualities (and the full list of guidelines can be found on our site):
- Experience across multiple Android Enterprise implementation types
- Proven ability to deliver advanced security and management features
- A consistent deployment experience, with admin consoles that simplify set-up of Android Enterprise
- Documentation and guides that provide best practices for Android Enterprise set-up and configuration
- Google-trained personnel across field sales, technical pre-sales and deployment support
- Commitment to staying current on the latest Android product features and training requirements
Similar to last year’s launch of the Android Enterprise Recommendedprogram for devices, where we validated knowledge worker and rugged devices against an elevated set of requirements, we’re taking a similar approach to EMMs. By raising the bar of excellence, we’re helping customers select which partners are best equipped to help them fully leverage the robust security and management capabilities in the Android platform.
There’s so much more companies can achieve through mobility. With the Android Enterprise Recommended program, Google and the Android ecosystem are stepping up to help customers enjoy a more powerful, versatile and best-in-class enterprise mobility experience.