November 2nd, 2017
- The Angular team has released Angular version 5.0.0 on November 1, 2017.
- “This release continues our focus on making Angular smaller, faster, and easier to use.”
- Given below are the major points that make Angular v5.0.0 more useful.
- Apart from these, there is a long list of improvements and new features.
- To learn how to upgrade your Angular version, visit this specially developed app that guides you through the process.
The Angular team has released Angular version 5.0.0.
@CsharpCorner: #Angular Version 5.0.0 Released cc @CsharpCorner @PranavMTL @Angular #Angular5
The Angular team has released Angular version 5.0.0 on November 1, 2017. The official announcement informs that this is a major release with a lot of bugfixes, updates, and new features.
Stephen Fluin from Angular team writes,
“This release continues our focus on making Angular smaller, faster, and easier to use.”
Given below are the major points that make Angular v5.0.0 more useful.
A Build Optimizer tool is included in Angular CLI that will work on making the bundles smaller in size.
According to the blog, “Another change from the Angular Universal team is the addition of Domino to platform-server. Domino means that we support more DOM manipulations out of the box within server-side contexts, improving our support for 3rd party JS and Component libraries that aren’t server-side aware.”
Angular v5 is equipped with an improved compiler to provide faster rebuilds of production builds and builds with AOT.
Removal of whitespaces saves a lot of data volume. With improved Decorators, it is now possible to ship small bundles.
With AOT flag turned on and by using ng serve, users can now leverage TypeScript Transforms (released with TS2.3) in the Angular compiler. This can save the rebuilding time by up to 95%.