January 22nd, 2013
Mod_BGithub is a simple module allowing you to embed commit details in a Joomla site. It uses the GitHub API to retrieve repository information including commits and issues. It can also retrieve user information and display a (very) basic user profile, including a list of the user’s public repositories.
The module supports both Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3 and allows for filtering of all displayed information.
There are three pre-configured styles: Chromed, Light and Dark. The latter two are very simple but provide a good starting point for those who want to style the module themselves.
Please Note: By default, the module includes a link back to my site, however this can be switched off under Basic Options in the module configuration
– All layouts can be loaded individually, or all-in-one
– 3 Preconfigured CSS styles
– Limit displayed entries
– Customisable date display format
– Display of a commit authors Gravatar
– Link back to the commit and the code tree
– Link back to Commit author’s profile
– Displays the commit comment
– Overview of issue displayed in a tooltip
– Issue label (bug/enhancement etc displayed)
– Link back to author’s GitHub profile
– Filtering by issue status (Can display all issues, open issue or closed issues)
– Issue status displayed in front-end
– Display user’s Gravatar
– Link back to user’s blog
– Display a link of the users repositories (including the primary language)
– Exclude Repos by name