September 12th, 2011
While being an easy-to-use, quick and powerful content construction kit that everybody understands, ContentBuilder fills the gap between cracks and regular Joomla! users, who finally want to get the advantages of a CCK — Check out our demos and videos!
The main task for ContentBuilder is to structure Joomla!® content (articles) while preserving content layouts – but you can do a lot more with it, including:
* Classified Ads
* Article Submission
* Basic Communities
* Paid Content
* File Directories (Upload/Download)
* File Selling
* Image Galleries
* Extended Joomla! registrations, including Captcha and paid registrations
* List/Details views (Record Display)
* …or regular CRUD (create, read, update, delete) operations on your data
Joomla!®’s article system is not replaced. ContentBuilder provides list/details views by default that can act as administrative panels. It also creates regular content items if desired, which you may use on your site just like any other content — without the need of core replacements.
Additionally, you can use ContentBuilder to control user permissions for several actions, such as content access, content editing, article parameter settings, publishing, etc.
ContentBuilder provides a well-defined plugin infrastructure to enhance its capabilities:
* Content (image resizing, downloads or any other content plugin available)
* Form Validation
* List Actions (select records and perform actions on them)
* Verification (think of payments and coupons)
* Themes (yes, even themes are pluggable)
There is a variety of plugins that ship with ContentBuilder already, such as PayPal payment, image resizing (thumbnails, modal details), downloads, list actions and common form validations.
ContentBuilder offers an easy-to-use integrated form builder that can operate on the data source of your choice.
For our BreezingForms fans, you might be interested to know that it also integrates perfectly with ContentBuilder (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/contacts-and-feedback/forms/4709).
*** NOTE: this a pre-release, you may use it for production but some things might change or being added before the release of version 1.0 ***