March 10th, 2015
We’ve just released Esprima 2.1.0! This release introduces support for several new pieces of ES6 syntax: Classes, Rest Parameters, Computed Property Names, let and const. See the release notes below for full details. We’ve also made various improvements to our testing infrastructure to make the codebase more contributor friendly. A big thank you to all those who contributed patches to this release: Ariya Hidayat, Bei Zhang, Brandon Mills, Mike Rennie, Mike Sherov.
Expect a 2.2 release to follow in a few weeks bringing even more ES6 support. If you’d like to help contribute, we hang out in the #esprima room on Freenode IRC, and have a weekly meeting at 2PM EST in #esprima-meeting on Freenode IRC as well. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Support ES6 class #1001
- Support ES6 rest parameter #1011
- Support ES6 computed property name #1037
- Support ES6 lexical declaration #1065
- Expand the location of property getter, setter, and methods #1029
- Enable TryStatement transition to a single handler #1031
- Tolerate unclosed block comment #1041