June 18th, 2013
The Fastball Baseball Manager extension from Fastball Productions is designed to help webmasters quickly and easily implement a fully functional baseball or softball team and/or league website in Joomla. No other Joomla component offers as much baseball-specific stats and capabilities. The component creates a comprehensive database for entering team, league, player information, ballparks, schedules, game results, and individual player statistics. Some stats and stat categories can be turned off (such as steals) for using with softball teams. The Fastball Baseball Manager also allows for selecting registered front-end users for front-side administration access to manage their specific team roster, schedules, and stats!
Once data is entered, the component generates team roster, schedule, stats, box scores, and individual player pages. Detailed player statistics and other features make this extension a must have for any webmaster using Joomla for their baseball team or league websites. Many of the features can be enabled/disabled using the configuration.
Three customizable modules are available to use with the extension:
Win/Loss & Standings
W/L Expanded Module
Previous Game Results
Boxscore plugin for articles.
These modules give the webmaster great tools for keeping their baseball/softball sites dynamically updated.
Here are some of the many features:
* Ability to easily create menu links for Roster, Schedule, Stats, League/Division standings, as well as an “All Teams” w/built-in navigation links.
* SEF-friendly URLS.
* Front-end team management. Allow specific registered users access to their team admin functions. Ability to turn on/off specific front-end admin functions.
* Schedule pages can be configured to show full league/division or specific teams, in full view or calendar/month/day view.
* Printer-friendly schedules and iCal file for import to calendar programs, as well as URL for maintaining a dynamic Google Calendar.
* Player Import/export feature for handling large player databases.
* Player “Clone” feature which allows a player to be on more than one team roster at a time (for all-star teams and other uses).
* Configuration options including whether to use or not use batting, pitching, and/or fielding stat categories, calculate ERA in 7 or 9 innings.
* Two optional custom fields for use with Rosters, option to show player photo thumbnail.
* Lots of optional statistics for batting and pitching, including Pitch count (PIT) statistic, ERA, H/9, WHIP and much more.
* Selectable CSS file and several built-in CSS options to choose from.
* Language file and language packs for various languages.
* Configurable points system for sorting standings by points.
* Option to import individual game stats by CSV file for use with popular stat programs such as iScore.
Note: the latest version is compatible with Joomla 2.5x and contains several enhancements and improvements over previous version.