September 15th, 2010
Today we’re releasing an update to the Firefox 4 Beta to resolve two issues that have been causing problems for some of our testers:
- a stability issue on Windows,
- an issue with plugins on Mac OS X which made it difficult for users to type in some web pages, and showed white boxes over other web pages.
It’s thanks to our hundreds of thousands of beta testers and their continued feedback that we were able to identify, diagnose and address these issues. Existing beta users will be updated automatically, but of course we also welcome anyone to download the latest version from the beta website. Other than these bug fixes, today’s release has the same features and functionality as the previous beta update. The beta schedule hasn’t been impacted by this additional release, and we expect the next version of the beta in the coming weeks.
- Download Firefox 4 Beta
- Not convinced? Learn more about the features
- Got an opinion? Submit your feedback
- Short, to the point FAQ
- Long, technical release notes