January 28th, 2019
Completed Drupal site or project URL: https://www.eldumrett.is/
Eldum Rétt is an Icelandic subscription service that delivers food boxes complete with recipes and meal plans for home cooking to private households. The idea is to provide extremely flexible and varied offerings for customers of all family sizes that can be ordered and managed completely online, through a website and mobile apps. Eldum Rétt is the market leader in Iceland with thousands of customers and an annual turnover of close to 7 million US dollars.
As a customer centric company, Eldum Rétt has very complex requirements for its online services. Customers need to be able to for example to
- individually configure their food boxes with recipes from a selected list
- adjust the number of portions that they want to cook
- select the days of the week they want food delivered for
- manage their delivery times and places
- change their subscription settings, e.g. to pause deliveries during absences
The original website was built in 2014 on Drupal 7 with Drupal Commerce and wasn’t flexible enough to sustainably accomodate all these requirements. So the decision was made to move the site to Drupal 8 and Drupal Commerce 2 and also add a React Native based mobile app that would communicate with the main Drupal driven website. This project went live in November 2018.