April 9th, 2018
It’s almost time for Coachella-goers to descend upon the desert. At Google, we’ve been cooking up a few ways to help you get festival-ready, so you won’t miss a beat.
Using your Google Home, Mini, Max or the Google Assistant on your phone, here’s what happens when you say “Hey Google, talk to Coachella.”
- Discover new artists:You know your must-see artists for the weekend, but this year’s lineup is flush with amazing acts that you may not be familiar with. This new feature allows you to discover new artists playing the festival, and gives you exclusive playlists to get you up to speed with the 2018 lineup.
- Create your festival schedule: Once the artists’ set times are announced, you’ll be able to ask the Google Assistant what time your favorite artists are playing, then add them straight to the Coachooser app.
- Get answers to festival FAQs:You can get performance times, travel info, what’s allowed into the festival and all that jazz.
- Get the backstage experience: Whether you’re tuning in at home or in person at Coachella, you can listen to backstage interviews with some of your favorite artists once the festival begins.
- Test your Coachella knowledge: Which artist got a surprise celeb kiss on stage during a 2015 headlining performance? Play trivia to test your knowledge of memorable Coachella moments and performances, and get excited about what may happen this year.
Once you’ve done all that, it’s time to ride the legendary Coachella Ferris wheel. But this year, there’s a Pixel twist. We’re turning a few of the Ferris wheel gondolas into Pixel photo booths— complete with iridescent backdrops for stunning selfies above festival grounds.
You can also tune in to Coachella’s YouTube channel from April 13 – 15. From headliners to some of the biggest artists on the rise, live stream performances will include Beyoncé, The Weeknd, ODESZA, Post Malone, The War on Drugs, Kygo, Chromeo, Alan Walker, BØRNS, alt-J and many more. If you’re watching from home, the VR180 livestream (also on Coachella’s YouTube channel) will make you feel like you’re there—you can view select performances using Google Cardboard and Daydream View.
So, whether you’re packing your bags for Indio or tuning in from your couch, we’ve got you covered.