December 3rd, 2019
2019 took us to distant worlds and brought us together with new apps, games, movies, and books. We answered the Call of Duty, made photos move, and went back to Gilead—it was an amazing year from beginning to Endgame. Now, we’re celebrating the year’s top content across Google Play.
You rocked the vote to crown your favorites … and the votes are in: Your 2019 Users’ Choice winners are Call of Duty: Mobile, Video Editor – Glitch Video Effects, Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame and Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.
Explore the lists below to see what the Google Play editors loved and what topped the charts in U.S. entertainment this year. And check out the full lists in the Best of 2019 section of the Play Store.
Power to the people
- App: Video Editor – Glitch Video Effects
- Game: Call of Duty: Mobile
- Movie: Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame
- Ebook: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
- Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame
- A Star Is Born
- Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel
- Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse
- The Mister by E L James
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
- Tiamat’s Wrath by James S. A. Corey
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- The Institute by Stephen King
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and into Your Life by Gary John Bishop
- A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book One by George R. R. Martin
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling