November 17th, 2013
The newest version is now GoogleMap Pro V4. The earlier version was V3.
The difference between version 3 and version 4 is vast.
The joomla googlemap component V4 added:
– New template system. Easier for users to modify html and use it.
– New infowindow – bluegradient
– Destinations can be added to multible categories
– Published date control of when to show destinations
– Country added as a field
– Googlemap geocoding new method
– Traffic layer, Weather Layer, Bike layer and Transit layer added
– Weather fetched from worldweatheronline now
– Added configuration possibilities
– Possible to assign destinations/shapes to a user in backend
– Joomla syncronization with Google Map Pro.
– JomSocial syncronization with Google Map Pro.
– JomSocial addon to Google Map Pro. New view that extracts data from JomSocial.
Community Builder syncronization with Google Map Pro.
– Community Builder addon to Google Map Pro. New view that extracts data from Community Builder.
– Plugin googlemap additions to follow new views etc
– KML or Mile option added
– Farhenheit or Celcius option
– Much improved import function
– And more…
The joomla googlemap component V3 among other thing features:
* Unlimited destinations on your map
* Add lines/shapes to your map
* Attach various information on your maker
* Create custom infowindow
* Use custom markers
* Possibility to attach routeplanning
* Add comments to the map
* Possibility for users to upload destinations and edit them.
* Import/export function
* 5 different views
* Module that list an unordered list of googlemaps.
* Plugin that makes it possible to attach a GoogleMap in articles.
* Custom fields to add to the destination marker.
* CB Integration.
* Paypal integration.
* SOBI2 integration.
* Destination landing page.
* SEO support.
* Clustering support.
* And so much more.
GoogleMap Pro V3 is BOTH for joomla 1.5 and 1.6->.
This Joomla Component comes with all the features of the V2 and adds to that. New things include:
Joomla 1.6-> compatible.
Googlemap API V3 used. No keys needed anymore!
New template system.
Enhanced import/export function. It is now possible to import from JSON, CSV, XML and database. You can import all fields, including custom fields.
Enhanced module map.
Enhanced plugin. (not yet ready, refer to roadmap for more information)
Extended configuration possibilities.
Small layout changes.
Enhanced error messaging.
Ability to upload unlimited pictures.
Enhanced line/shape mode.
And even more…