July 23rd, 2013
Hs Users offers you a ability to sign-in with social services such as Facebook, Twitter, Google and other major services. The process of authentication on the extension follows Joomla!’s register/login process, which means that you can use the social sign-in function with other Joomla’s extensions.
– This extension follows a process of a default Joomla! users component.
– Easy to setup.
– 10 social services are available
– Works on Joomla! 2.5 and 3.0
– A admin page is integrated with Joomla!’s user admin.
– Available to see user data which is obtained from social services
– Available to add a user image from social services or original image
– Easy to add social list to everywhere( You need to write a PHP code but it’s a few lines ).
– For developers, offers Hs User object and easy to access user properties including user image.
Available Social Services
– Windows Live
– My Space
* Most of social services require to register as a developer to use each API calls. Please see documentation for settings of social services.
– Size of user image is limited to width 50px and height 50px
– Depending on social services, some data cannot be accessible. e.g. Twitter doesn’t return e-mail address.
– Bad English! I’m not a good English speaker:( I’m glad to know a correction of my bad English!
Hs Users uses HybridAuth(http://hybridauth.sourceforge.net/).
– pkg_hs_users : A package file. You can install Joomla! extensions listed followings at once.
– com_hs_users : Offers main authentication process.
– mod_hs_users : Offers social list to default login module
– plg_user_hs_profile : Offers connection to Joomla!’s user component
– lib_hs : Offers classes related to user object
A main file is pkg_hs_users_xxx.zip which can be installed on Joomla!’s extension manager.