October 11th, 2013
JA K2 Filter and Search extension provides search and filter feature for K2 Component based on extra fields parameters. Such specific search or filter capability has been missing for long in K2. Developed for our JA portfolio template demo, it is now part of JA Extension Club.
The extension has been rewritten for the Joomla 2.5 version and now comprises of component, module and plugin.
The best part is, it now supports horizontal layout too with option to choose number of columns display, as was requested by many users. A new demo site is also up highlighting both the layouts and search options.
* First and the only module to provide such advanced search feature.
* Horizontal or vertical layout, with option to choose number of columns in horizontal layout.
* Multi (combo) parameters filtering.
* Configurable filter parameters (option to select specific parameter to display in the search).
* Multi display options for each filter parameter. Eg: you can choose to display a pricing range as min-max value or as a preset dropdown or even multiselct or radio select.
* Easy backend for configuration
Changelog – Version 1.0.9
– Add “Search by date” option
– Add parameters to show feed icon on the result page
– Ajax search
Changelog – Version 1.0.6 (new features)
– new filter theme
Changelog – Version 1.0.5 (new features)
– Set item limits on result page
– filter by tags
– Auto populate feature
– Fetch items from children categories
Changelog – Version 1.0.4 (new features)
– Hide search button when “Auto Filter” is enabled
– Now set Itemid in module params
– sort order in search results
Changelog – Version 1.0.2 (new features)
– Set categories to show in the frontend
– Show / hide item counter for each search param
– Magic selection – new form field optimized for vertical layout
– Auto filter – Option to auto submit search form
– Indexing options added to component settings