October 4th, 2011
This plugin is meant to clean and prepare front and back end for the use of jQuery, alongside the Mootools libraries.
– no jQuery or jQuery UI libraries are hosted in Joomla (calls to Google API libraries and jQuery CDN websites),
– no coding is necessary in front or back end (no need to add code into template or mess with Joomla! core),
– places jQuery calls AFTER MooTools calls for perfect compatibility,
– adds the noConflict() code,
– sets up the ‘jQuery’ variable to ‘true’ at the application level,
– strips out all other jQuery, jQuery UI library calls, including the noConflict() calls added by other modules or plugins,
– choose jQuery UI basic styling or specific theme.