October 4th, 2013
JU BlockIP is a simple and useful IP Blocking system which helps you to protect your site from unwanted visitors based on their IP Addresses(Spammers, Attackers,…)
– Use Token key to add one more protection layer to protect backend of your website, so only who know token key can access your backend, for example: http://yoursite.com/administrator?mytoken , use wrong token will be redirected to home page: http://yoursite.com
– Block IP by given IP Whitelist/IP Blacklist, support IPv4 and IPv6
– Support many types of IP range: Single IP address, CIDR Mask, Wildcard, Low to high IP address.
– BlockIP at Frontend/Backend/Both
– You can just enable plugin in some pages of your site if you just want to protect apart of site.
– You can write comment in the IP list(use #)
– The whitelist should include IP addresses that should NOT be blocked, the blacklist should contain IP addresses to be blocked. The whitelist is checked first and will override the blacklist IP addresses.
1. If an IP is found in the whitelist, that user will be allowed to access your site and plugin will NOT check that IP in the blacklist.
2. If an IP is NOT found in the whitelist, plugin will check that IP in the blacklist, if that IP is found in the blacklist, user will be blocked.
3. If an IP is not found in both whitelist and blacklist, user will be allowed to access your site.
– Single IP address: 220.127.116.11
– CIDR Mask: 255.255.255.0/25
– IP address with mask: 255.255.255.0/255.255.255.128
– Wildcard: 25.25.25.*
– Low to high IP address: 18.104.22.168-22.214.171.124
– Single IP address: 2001:0db8:85a3:0042:1000:8a2e:0370:7334
– CIDR Mask: 2001:0db8:85a3:0042:1000:8a2e:0370:7334/64
– IP address with Mask: 2001:0db8:85a3:0042:1000:8a2e:0370:7334/ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff::
– Low to high IP address: 2001:0db8:85a3:0042:1000:8a2e:0370:7000-2001:0db8:85a3:0042:1000:8a2e:0370:7fff
Comments may be added to a line starting with ‘#’ character and inline comments may be added starting with ‘#’ character.
IP List example:
# A comment line
126.96.36.199/8 # an inline comment
# a new line comment
## Blank lines are allowed
188.8.131.52 – 184.108.40.206
# IPv6 Range