April 23rd, 2013
It’s been a smooth week in WebKit land. Improvements to build times and executable sizes are still coming in, as the codebase continues to recover from the departure of the Chromium port.
- Rune added support for the CSS3 color-index media feature.
- Jaehun landed the second half of support for text-indent: -webkit-hanging.
- Mark Lam taught LLInt and the baseline JIT to catch runaway scripts.
- Julien Brianceau added a SH4 backend to the LLInt.
- Jonathan Liu got the JIT running on MinGW-w64.
- Allan added support for the x87 FPU to the LLInt.
- Oliver improved error reporting in the JS lexer and parser.
- Gyuyoung added an Efl WebKit2 EWS bot.
- Filip made the SunSpider test suite validate its results to ensure correctness.
- Žan deprecated webkit-patch land-cowboy in favor of webkit-patch land-cowhand.
- Roger disabled tests on the Windows EWS, which was unable to keep up with the flood of incoming patches.
- Ryosuke fixed a bug that was giving WKR stage fright.
Random cool stuff:
- Glenn fixed a line-breaking bug that was affecting some Hebrew websites.
- Antti prevented subframe loading from churning the tile cache.
- Oliver continued his hardening of FastMalloc, this time against partial pointer overflows.
- Andreas fixed an O(n2) performance issue in complex text layout on Mac.
- Sub-pixel layout was enabled by both the GTK+ and Qt ports.