March 8th, 2013
This update discusses last week’s 718 changes to WebKit, up to revision 144595.
When enabling the CSP 1.1 implementation, the new directives will now work on the unprefixed header as well. The meta referrer directive will now be honored for window.open() calls,the X-Frame-Options header accepts the “ALLOWALL” value and no callback is required anymore for requesting a notification permission. Rules for up and down-mixing channels in the Web Audio API have been implemented, and collapsing rules for empty buttons have been corrected.
The :first-letter pseudo element is now being ignored in flexible box elements. Dave rewrote the stacking model for the new multiple column implementation to be spec compliant and made sure transformed objects show up. CSS Shaders’ non-separable color and luminosity blend modes have been implemented, and parsing of CSS’ transition-property property has been improved.
Other changes which occurred last week:
- The amount of files to compile when changing WebKit’s network or clipboard code has been decreased.
- WebKit will now share the user agent string when opening a new Web Socket connection.
- iOS’ accessibility layout tests have been upstreamed to the WebKit.
- The registerProtocolHandler method has been disabled for Android, as it didn’t work yet.
- The GTK port has disabled MathML support in release builds.
- WebKitQt enabled support for the canvas Path object and for link prefetching.
- Philip Rogers has become a WebKit Reviewer, congratulations!