February 25th, 2013
Today’s update talks about the 745 changes made to WebKit last week, up to revision 143884.
Web Inspector’s Timeline panel now shows the networking events associated with Web Sockets, i.e. creating the socket and receiving a reply to the connection handshake. The “undefined” keyword will now be lowlighted, and Pavel landed a basic console.table() implementation.
Several more tests have been fixed in the new multi-threaded HTML parser by implementing missing functionality and support for edge-cases. There are 25 failing test-cases remaining and the number of open issues is decreasing.
Dave continued his work on the new Region-based multiple column implementation, also taking the first steps towards specification-compliant painting of columns. Meanwhile, Julien continued his work on the implementation of the CSS Grid Layout Module, finishing the auto placement algorithm implementation.
Other changes which occurred last week:
- Support for the canvas’ Path object has been enabled for all ports except for Chromium.
- An implementation of the DFG JIT for MIPS architectures has been implemented.
- An OpenCL implementation of the FEMerge filter landed, with many more on their way.
- The WebKitGTK port updated their media controls to be CSS-based rather than GTK-based.
- Stephen Chenney has become a WebKit Reviewer. Congratulations!