September 6th, 2017
Businesses succeed and grow when they reach new customers online. With more than 80% of people searching the web to find local information,1 it’s important to have a high quality presence that showcases what makes your business unique. When people get to know your business, they are more likely to become customers. Businesses with complete listings on Google are twice as likely to gain customer trust,2 38% more likely to attract in-store visits, and 29% more likely to see a purchase.3
That’s why we’ve created a simple, easy-to-access business dashboard right in Google Search. Just find your business on Google Search, and you can complete and enhance your listing, share photos and posts related to your business, and see how many views you’re getting.
Now business owners can manage their online presence right from Google Search:
- Add or correct business information, post updated hours, and more.
- Post on Google and stay engaged with your customers.
- Share photos that make your business stand out.
- See how many views your listing gets, and easily access detailed information about your listing’s performance.
- Know when users upload photos of your business.
- Quickly take the most important actions to complete and enhance your business listing.
How does it work?
1. Find your business on Google Search and you will see a new, simple menu right above the search results. If you’re not seeing the menu, make sure you’re logged in with your business account.
2. Click the edit button, and the fields you can edit will be highlighted. You can update your information and upload photos directly.
2 Google/Oxera, The Benefits of Complete Business Listings, Dec 2014
3 Ipsos MORI, Impact of Search Listings for Local Businesses, Aug 2014