July 5th, 2011
Control your modules!
By date, time, recurring time, GeoIP (country of viewer), browser type and language, user name, group, page within other component (e.g. Virtuemart), on-page text, by article keywords, individual article, section/category, etc.
… and much, much more!
MetaMod is a “Meta Module” – a module that includes other modules, according to a set of rules.
By installing the free GeoLite Country or City database from MaxMind, you can include country names/cities/states etc in your rules.
* control modules based on text found in the main component of the page
* make modules appear at certain times of the day, or give them start and end publishing dates (great for radio/TV/broadcasting sites)
* show a different module for users who have been registered for more (or less) than a certain time period
* control modules such as FacileForms (show a different form based on where in the world someone is connecting from, etc)
* display different modules on different pages in VirtueMart / JReviews / many others – e.g. show a specific module when a particular VirtueMart product or category is displayed
* show different modules depending on the Section / Category of the main article on the page
* show a completely different menu based on the front-end language the user has selected
* make a module disappear once someone has logged in (there’s no standard way to do this in Joomla!)
* use different modules depending on the user’s browser & browser version (e.g. show a different module when people view the site with Internet Explorer IE)
* use different modules depending on the language of the user’s browser
* dynamically control the parameters of other modules on the page as well as whether the modules appear or not
* and so much more!
* v3.x is only compatible with Joomla 1.6.
* v2.x is only compatible with Joomla 1.5.
* Please download and install the right module for your Joomla version!
New in v3.0Beta2
* now compatible with Joomla 1.6.
Improved in v2.8b
* fixed bug with VirtueMart category detection
* fixed bug in start/stop time handling
Improved in v2.5-v2.7
* bug fixes and enhancements, see release notes
Improved in v2.4 – v2.4c
* bugfixes to JomGenius content section/category support.
* added JomGenius support for simplified rules (see http://www.metamodpro.com/jomgenius)
* improved timezone handling on PHP5
Improved in v2.3:
* various bug fixes and enhancements, see release notes
Improved in v2.2:
* Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, German, Hungarian and French translation (v2.2b/c)
* PHP4 compatible again (v2.2)
* various bug fixes, see release notes