January 29th, 2010
Editor’s note: On Jan 28, Mozilla Labs released Weave 1.0. For more details, check out Ragavan Srinivasan’s blog announcement, reposted below.
Using this free browser add-on from Mozilla Labs, you can securely access all of your personal data across all of your supported devices, making your Web experience instantly more personal and useful.
Weave Sync synchronizes your bookmarks, saved passwords, browsing history and open browser tabs. And all of your data is encrypted end-to-end to ensure your privacy.
Future releases of Weave Sync will add support for synchronizing your browser add-ons, search plugins and other customizations and ultimately everything that makes your Firefox and Web experience personal.
Weave Sync is open source software developed by Mozilla Labs and released under the GPL/MPL/LGPL tri-license.
Get Weave Sync
Install the Weave Sync 1.0 Add-on for Firefox and Fennec.
How to Get Involved
- Learn more about the Mozilla Labs Weave project
- Read the Release Notes for the 1.0 release for important information.
- Get technical support and help
- Report bugs
- Get the source code
- Discuss, debate and add to the design in the Weave discussion group
- Join us in #labs on irc.mozilla.org
— Ragavan S, on behalf of the Weave team