November 2nd, 2010
Hi, we are working hard on making our new extensions feature better, more functional and more stable. This build is the result of more than a week of our work on extensions, and also contains a small Unite surprise, fixes for the new Windows installer, and a nice set of *nix bug fixes.
From now on, Unite Application will no longer be delivered with the browser installer. Instead, they will be downloaded when launched for the first time. This noticeably reduces the installer size.
There’s a new feature which involves an auto update feature for Opera Extensions and Unites Applications as well. It is not fully functional yet, as we are still working over server farm configuration.
Attention Extension Developers! Here’s something you were definitely waiting for. You don’t need to pack and install your extension every time you want to just test it. Now you can simply drag&drop your config.xml onto the browser for a quick preview.
- DSK-317511 (DEP information displayed during Opera startup on Windows)
- DSK-316707 (Opera crashes when sufing pages while Ubiquity extension is installed when Open All Popups is enabled)
- DSK-317493 (Opera process isn’t closed after running Web Storage quota extension and shutting down browser)
- DSK-316682 (Ensure that the extension toolbar is visible)
- DSK-315418 (Not possible to move extension button)
- DSK-315232 (Extensions pop-up windows are transparent when loading)
- DSK-316102 (User JS not loaded when page loads too fast)
- CORE-33382 (User JS code not run in extensions if page does not include a script tag)
- CORE-33775 (User JS extensions don’t run on HTTPS sites)
WARNING: This is a development snapshot: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.