February 2nd, 2015
It’s a great time to be part of the Drupal Association. We’ve done some amazing work in the last few years, and we’re in a great position to work with the community to continue to improve and grow fully into our mission. As a Drupal Association At-Large Director, you’d be in the center of the action. The At-large Director position is specifically designed to ensure community representation on the Drupal Association board and we strongly encourage anyone with an interest to nominate themselves today.
The Board of Directors of the Drupal Association are responsible for financial oversight and setting the strategic direction of the Drupal Association. New board members will contribute to the strategic direction of the Drupal Association. Board members are advised of, but not responsible for matters related to the day to day operations of the Drupal Association, including program execution, staffing, etc. You can learn more about what’s expected of a board member in this post and presentation.
Directors are expected to contribute around five hours per month and attend three in-person meetings per year (financial assistance is available if required). All board members agree to meet the minimum requirements documented in the board member agreement.
Today we are opening the self-nomination form that allows you to throw your hat in the ring. We’re looking to elect one candidate this year to serve a two-year term.
Log in first and…
To nominate yourself, you should be prepared to answer a few questions:
- About Me: Tell us about yourself! Your background, how you got into Drupal, etc.
- Motivation: Why are you applying for a board position? What initiatives do you hope to help drive, or what perspectives are you going to try and represent?
- Experience: What Drupal community contributions have you taken part in (code, camps, etc.)? Do you have experience in financial oversight, developing business strategies, or organization governance?
- Availability: I am able to travel to three in-person board meetings per year (either self-funded, or with financial sponsorship)
- IRC Handle
- Twitter Handle
We will also need to know that you are available for the next step in the process, meet the candidate sessions. We are hosting 2 sessions:
- Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at:
- 8 AM PST in the US and Canada
- 11 AM EST in the US and Canada
- 1 PM in Sao Paulo Brasil
- 4 PM in London
- 12 AM Wednesday, 25 February in Beijing
- 3 AM Wednesday, 25 February Sydney Australia
- Wednesday 25 February 2015 at:
- 4 PM PST in the US and Canada
- 7 PM EST in the US and Canada
- 9 PM in Sao Paulo Brasil
- 1 AM Thursday, 26 February in London
- 8 AM Thursday, 26 February in Beijing
- 10 AM Thursday, 26 February in Sydney Australia
- Thursday 26 February 2015 at:
- 12:30 PM PST in the US and Canada
- 3:30 PM EST in the US and Canada
- 5:30 PM in Sao Paulo Brasil
- 8:30 AM Friday, 27 February in London
- 4:30 AM Friday, 27 February in Beijing
- 7:30 AM Friday, 27 February in Sydney Australia
The nomination form will be open February 1, 2015 through February 20, 2015 at midnight UTC. For a thorough review of the process, please see our announcement blog post.
If you have any questions, please contact Holly Ross, Drupal Association Executive Director.
Flickr photo: Kodak Views