June 26th, 2018
If you’ve ever asked Google Home, “Ok Google, do you speak Spanish?” and didn’t quite get what you wanted, we have exciting news for you. Starting today, the Assistant on Google Home can help you get more done in Spanish, whether that’s enjoying music, managing your day, or and controlling smart devices around the house.
Getting a little help at home in Spanish is simple, just tap Menu in the Google Home app, select Preferences in the Settings menu and then select Español. From there, you’ll be ready to:
- Ask about your day with “Ok Google, ¿cómo será mi día?” and get a full rundown of what’s on your schedule for the day.
- Get to know more about the World Cup by asking “Ok Google, ¿cuándo juega México?” or cheer for your team with “Ok Google, dame un cántico de fútbol”.
- Listen to your top songs just by saying “Ok Google, reproducir mi lista de reproducción para hacer ejercicio” and start enjoying the hits.
- Turn down the temperature with your voice by asking “Ok Google, sube la temperatura del termostato” so you and your family stay comfortable without leaving the couch.
- Celebrate your birthday asking “Ok Google, cantamé Las Mañanitas”.
You can do all this and more in Spanish across all your Google Home products—Home, Mini, and Max. And now, Google Home and Google Home Mini are also available in Spanish in both Mexico and Spain.