December 27th, 2012
When you share link with Joomla! article on Facebook, it does not find appropriate images on your site. This plugin adds invisible Open Graph tags in HTML code with images from your article, that Facebook would know which image should display next to shared page description. Plugin Link with Article Images on Facebook works only with Joomla! Articles and also with Category Blog, Frontpage/Featured view.
Images from Open Graph tags are also respected by Google+ and will be used when you click +1 button and share link on your profile.
– search for all images in article content
– use intro and full text images from article options
– works also on category blog and featured articles view
– use category image
– select default image for home page, category and when no image was found
– filter articles categories for which plugin should run
– checks if image meets minimal Facebook requirements
– Facebook Like button in article
– filter articles categories in which Like button should be displayed
– adds Open Graph tags with images and page details
– debug mode which displays added Open Graph tags
Go to download page and try to share it on Facebook status or click Like button and Post to Facebook.
Joomla 1.5, 1.7, 2.5, 3.0
It does not work with K2.
FACEBOOK REQUIREMENTS FOR IMAGES
The image must be at least 50px by 50px (though minimum 200px by 200px is preferred) and have a maximum aspect ratio of 3:1. We support PNG, JPEG and GIF formats. You may include multiple images with your page.