July 9th, 2013
Problem: you share link to Joomla website on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ and it can’t find correct image. HERE IS A SOLUTION: This plugin adds invisible Open Graph and Card tags, so that social platform would know which image to display. Works with all components.
– adds Open Graph tags with images and page details
– adds Twitter Card tags
– search for all images in component (not whole page)
– select default image when no image was found
– select default image for home page
– works with all installed components
– filter components for which plugin should run
– checks if image meets minimal Facebook requirements
– debug mode which displays added Open Graph tags
To check which images are inside component add at then end of page URL: &tmpl=component or ?tmpl=component.
Go to download page and try to share it on Facebook status or click Like button and Post to Facebook.
Joomla 2.5, 3.x
This plugin is not a Like button and it does not display any share buttons.
FACEBOOK REQUIREMENTS FOR IMAGES
The image must be at least 50px by 50px (though minimum 200px by 200px is preferred) and have a maximum aspect ratio of 3:1. We support PNG, JPEG and GIF formats. You may include multiple images with your page.