November 4th, 2013
Phoca PDF is a Joomla! component. It enables you to set and create PDF documents in Joomla!.
The whole Phoca PDF framework contains:
* Phoca PDF component
* Phoca PDF fonts
* Phoca PDF plugins
See more details here:
* Phoca PDF requires PHP 5 version installed on your server (because of newest TCPDF library)
* You can set e.g. footer or header information with help of HTML text editor (like FCK, TinyMCE, JCE,…), but be aware because not all HTML tags and attributes, wich an editor produces, are supported in PDF
* HTML code of your documents should be valid
* You can set different parameters for your PDF document, so after setting these parameters you should test creating of your PDF documents because of possible conflicts caused by setting some extra values (e.g. setting of small PDF format x large font size x large line height, etc…)
* You can set different font types for different parts of document (content, header, footer) but be aware, because PDF stores information about font types. UTF-8 fonts are supported and after storing information about all font types the size of PDF document can increase markedly
* CREATING PDF IS NOT SO SMOOTH AS CREATING HTML OUTPUT. PDF DOCUMENT IS NOT RENDERED IF IT DOESN’T GET CORRECTLY CREATED DOCUMENT HEADER. For successfully PDF creating, the site should not render any PHP error messages or any bad encoding characters before rendering PDF. If you get blank page while PDF creating, mostly this is caused by above described problems. In such case try to see your error log or check the encoding of included PHP files.
Joomla! 2.5 Demo: