June 20th, 2011
We have another Presto update for you all in this snapshot, including a version increase to 2.9.
In addition to Presto (Core) updates like improved CSS parsing speed, cookie sharing between the browser and extensions, support for providing the original source line for CSS rules, etc., there are numerous Desktop enhancements, including changes to the way tabs are activated when clicking them.
Take a look at the highlights and changelog below for more.
- Opera is now on Presto 2.9 (Presto/2.9.168)
- Extensions can now share cookies with the browser (you won’t have to log in separately from an extension)
- Support in Core for providing the original source line for CSS rules, which will benefit future versions of Dragonfly
- CSS parsing performance is up to 10-15% faster due to CSS tokenizing optimizations
- Changes to tab activation: When Speed Dial is the active tab, other tabs are not activated on mousedown. This allows you to drag open tabs into Speed Dial. Hovering a Speed Dial tab while dragging something will also activate it
- The now has an option to pin Opera to the taskbar on Windows 7
- Several crash fixes, and numerous other fixes as well
WARNING: This is a development snapshot: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes, and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.