November 7th, 2011
RIE – Random Image Extended
This module displays random images from a chosen directory.
The random images can be displayed in a so-called Lightbox view (Shadowbox, Slimbox or Milkbox). Other images from the specified folder can be displayed in this view as a gallery.
Highlights of the module are the storage of thumbnails, reading from all subfolders of the specified directory and the lightbox view of the images.
* Specify types of images – several types of images (e.g. jpg, png, gif) are possible.
* Preview images can be generated and stored. They will be loaded next time faster and have a better quality.
* All subdirectories of the specified folder can be read in – so you can display the images from other folders as well.
* The size of the thumbnails can be set in dependence of aspect ratios.
* A caption and the image name can be displayed under the images.
* The displayed image can be supplied with a link.
* The remaining images in the specified folder (with subfolders if necessary) can be displayed as a gallery in the JS view. These images can also be sorted randomly.
* Language English / German
This is a further development of RIM: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-a-images/images-rotators/5453
Joomla! 1.7 – http://joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/en/downloads/rie-random-image-extended-download-joomla17
If you have any problems or questions, then please contact me via the support forum: