August 29th, 2013
SIMAnswers is the complete Questions and Answers solution for Joomla. Many Q&A extensions claim to work like Yahoo Answers, but only SIMAnswers works in *exactly* the same way as Yahoo Answers, down to the last detail!
Admins can create categories and subcategories, set points and levels for different activities, and administer violation reports. By creating appropriate categories, you can create MUCH more meaningful content to your website. With more questions asked and answers provided, search engines will rank your site much higher (just like Yahoo Answers and Wikipedia, with a ton of user created content).
Admins can set points for the following actions:
– Starting participation
– Choosing best answer
– Login/visit per day
– Answering a question
– Voting on an answer
– Selected as best answer
– Receive thumbs up on best answer
– Asking a question (minus points)
– Spam answer removed (minus points)
What are Points for?
Points are required to reach a particular Level in SIMAnswers. Admins can set the different privileges each user has on each level. Eg. Set users to require 200 Points to reach Level 2, and 10 questions per day is allowed at at Level 2. There are 7 Levels that can be configured altogether.
Users can do a TON of things with SIMAnswers. Here’s a quick list:
– Ask questions
– Answer questions
– Provide sources for their answers
– Select a best answer and rate it
– Answer open question, vote undecided questions, or discover resolved questions
– Attach files to questions and/or answers
– Add code snippets to questions and/or answers
– Bookmark and share questions using social bookmarks/websites
– Add to their private watchlists
– Add a question as interesting/starred
– Select a best answer or put their questions to a vote
– Extend question expiry by twice the time
– Comment on questions
– Report violations for questions, answers or comments
– Thumb up/down a question or answer, providing better community feedback
– Search questions easily, or with an advanced search feature
– Top users
– Notifications feature
– JomSocial’s points and AlphaUserPoints
– JomSocial, Community Builder and JomWall activity streams
– JomSocial / Community Builder profile plugin to display user’s QnA activities
– Special AJAX pagination that improves SEO. Search bots will be able to page through list of questions.
– Admins can allow users to use the WYSIWYG editor to ask and/or answer questions
– Administer questions/answers/comments in the backend
– Set ACL rules for every action. eg Only Authors and above can Ask Questions. Activities include Ask Questions, Answer Questions, Post Comments, Rate Questions/Answers, and Vote for Best Answer.
There is just TOO MUCH to list. Please check the Documentation for full features description.