October 22nd, 2013
Powerful modules to search within a list of categories!
SP Search In Categories is a powerful module to search within a list of categories.
“It shows a Search Box associated with a list of categories. The list of categories can be used to restrict the search query or to show a category selection.”
In a nutshell
Two modes are available, Search in Categories for SobiPro (submits the query to SobiPro) and Search in Categories for Joomla-SobiPro (submits the query to Joomla general search, requires our Search Plugin to be activated).
The modes allow to search in Categories, and navigate within a specific category.
– Search into Categories
– Chained Select of Categories
– N-Level of Categories support
– Support for SobiPro or Joomla Search Mode.
– Support for Empty Search (no keywords) in SobiPro or Joomla mode, filtered by category.
– Auto-complete (auto-suggest).
*** Search Mode ***
It has two modes of operation:
– SobiPro Native Search, it submits the query to SobiPro.
– Joomla Search, It submits the query to Joomla general search.
*** About Empty Search Mode ***
The Empty Search allows to return results even when there’s no keywords, filtering only with the remaining fields. NOW, it works for Joomla and SobiPro Search Mode.
*** Configuration ***
These are the parameters of the module:
Search Button Image
* Check the full list in the images.
– SobiPro 1.1.1, or superior / SobiPro 1.0.8 is supported
– Joomla 2.5 / Joomla 3.0
– PHP 5.3, or superior
– MySQL 5.5, or superior (recommended)
— Updates in 5.0.4 – Stable – 8th October 2013
* Usability review & improvements, new menu/toolbar
* Fix: SPBrowers SPCookie loader
* Support for Joomla 3.2 Alpha2
* Support for Framework on Framework RAD revC1A6D5A-1378494129 – 2013-09-06
— Updates in 5.0.1 —
– Full code review.
— Updates in 2.7.2 —
Minor usability fix
— Updates in 2.7.0 —
Feature: New Empty Search Mode, to search into Joomla Search with no keywords (only filtering with categories).
— Updates in 2.6.0 – Oct 2012 —
Feature: Improved backend options
— Updates in 2.5.1 —
* Category Multilanguage Support
* Category Filter
* Joomla Coding Standard compliant, and JSLint Ok
— Updates in 2.0.0 —
* Big Feature * Auto-complete/auto-suggest function