March 11th, 2011
Today’s snapshot fixes numerous issues, including Speed Dial bugs, various crashes, and content blocker synchronization problems.
In the previous build, we changed the way we display thumbnails/images in Speed Dial. This was done to make it easier to recognize your favorite websites quicker. If you would like to learn more about how your site can control what appears in Opera’s Speed Dial, Dev.Opera has a more detailed overview of the available options. When a site doesn’t specify the look of the Speed Dial image, Opera tries to zoom in on the page to make it more recognizable.
This build does not contain any changes to the way Speed Dial thumbnails are generated, but there are numerous bug fixes to Speed Dial in general.
Take a look at the changelog for more information on the changes since the previous build.
- Crash on startup for some users
- Windows Installer crashes for some users
- Fraud protection not working correctly
- Check for updates entry is sometimes missing on the Mac
- Custom searches are not always preserved after upgrade
- Possible clipping of some dialogs under Linux/FreeBSD
- Some Speed Dials refresh every second if you upgrade between 11.10-2020 and 11.10-2025: This only affects snapshot users and will not affect those who upgrade from the stable, so will not be fixed.
WARNING: This is a development snapshot: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes, and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.