June 10th, 2019
It’s graduation season, which means that students who have spent years researching, writing and learning are off to the next big thing. But whether you’re bound for college or the workplace, you may want to hold on to your papers and presentations for record keeping or sentimental value. And we have a way to take that work with you.
With Google Takeout, you can keep the papers you wrote and submitted in Google Docs, the emails you sent with classmates in Gmail, and the Slides presentations you worked so hard on. Instead of losing all digital work or spending hours downloading and migrating emails and school work, you can copy these from their G Suite for Education accounts into another Google account before you leave the school’s domain. This allows you to easily retain emails, projects, essays, resumes, and any other files stored on Google Drive if your school revokes access to your old account.
Protecting students’ privacy and data is critical for schools, so we ensure administrators have control over this feature. Administrators adjust their Admin Console settings for Takeout based on the needs of their schools, like allowing access for just one grade level.
Pack a Pixelbook
Whether embarking on the path to college, trade school, or a career (like an astronomer at NASA), graduates need a laptop that works as hard as they do. Over 30 million students have known and loved Chromebooks and Chrome OS throughout K-12, so to ease the transition from school to the working world, between June 9 – 16, 2019, you can save up to $250 on Google Pixelbook.*
- Pixelbook has a super thin design with a 360° hinge— perfect for watching movies or converting into tablet mode.
- Powered by Intel® Core™ processor and Chrome OS, Pixelbook starts fast and stays fast.
- Get through a full day of classes with up to 10 hours of battery life.**
- It’s light, so take Pixelbook wherever you go.
- Write, draw, and design with the Pixelbook Pen.
- Protect yourself with built-in virus protection and automatic updates.
- Read emails, check your calendar, edit documents, watch movies, and more, even when you’re offline.
- Download your favorite apps, including Evernote and Slack, for your field of study or work.
- Use tools for study, research, writing and content creation, including Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Lightroom.
- Access and edit across Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides and other productivity suites.
*$100 off i5 128GB model. $250 off i5 256GB and i7 512GB models. From regular retail price. US authorized retailers only. Offer expires on 06/16/2019. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Non-transferable. Not valid for cash or cash equivalent. Void where prohibited. Restrictions apply.
**Battery performance is based on a mix of video, web browsing, productivity, and other use. Actual results may vary.
Congratulations, class of 2019. We’re here for you with the tools you need as you take your next step.