November 19th, 2014
On Thursday, November 13th, 2014, Chinese censorship authorities DNS poisoned Drupal.org’s Content Distribution Network, EdgeCast. The Drupal Association and EdgeCast have been working together to fix connection issues to Drupal.org, and believe the issues have been resolved.
- On Thursday (2014-11-13) we were notified of Drupal.org being blocked in China.
- On Friday (2014-11-14) EdgeCast acknowledged network issues in China.
- On Monday (2014-11-17) Drupal Association staff began implementing changes to DNS, in coordination with EdgeCast, to resolve the connection issues in China.
- Yesterday (2014-11-18 16:00 UTC) DNS entries for Drupal.org sites were updated and pushed out.
- Today (2014-11-19) the DNS updates appear to have resolved the issue.
Related Issue: https://www.drupal.org/node/2375023
More Information: https://en.greatfire.org/blog/2014/nov/china-just-blocked-thousands-webs…