December 9th, 2013
VitaBook is a guestbook component for Joomla! 2.5+. VitaBook supports all current Joomla! features like the update and ACL systems. The aim for VitaBook is to be as simple and user friendly as possible. It’s main features are listed below.
* WYSIWYG HTML editor for composing messages
* Replying to messages (level of sub messages is configurable, e.g. replies to replies etc.)
* Avatar support (VitaBook contains it’s own avatar system, but can also use avatars from Kunena, Community Builder and Gravatar)
* Embedding of images
* Uploading of images
* Embedding of youtube and vimeo videos
* Smileys (automatic replacement* by typing the widely known codes)
* Automatic url detection
* In the frontend all actions and forms use AJAX requests for the best user experience possible
* Full administration of messages from the front-end
* Admin e-mail notifications, with links for easy (un)publish/delete actions
* Import messages from Phoca Guestbook and Easybook Reloaded
* Limit the length of messages by the number of characters
* Full support of the Joomla ACL system
* CAPTCHA for non-registered users
* Guest activation email. Have guests activate their messages via an email sent to their email address
* IP addresses can be blocked
All these features can be configured from within the Joomla! back-end.
Currently supported languages are English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.
With version VitaBook 1.2.0 we’ve added the VitaBook Latest Messages module, which does exactly what it’s name suggests; It displays the last few messages with links to your guestbook.