March 20th, 2018
The Device and Sensors Working Group invites implementations of the Candidate Recommendation for six documents, namely:
- Generic Sensor API: Generic Sensor API defines a framework for exposing sensor data to the Open Web Platform in a consistent way. It does so by defining a blueprint for writing specifications of concrete sensors along with an abstract Sensor interface that can be extended to accommodate different sensor types.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Ambient Light Sensor defines a concrete sensor interface to monitor the ambient light level or illuminance of the device’s environment.
- Accelerometer: Accelerometer defines
GravitySensorinterfaces for obtaining information about acceleration applied to the X, Y and Z axis of a device that hosts the sensor.
- Gyroscope: Gyroscope defines a concrete sensor interface to monitor the rate of rotation around the device’s local three primary axes.
- Magnetometer: Magnetometer defines a concrete sensor interface to measure magnetic field in the X, Y and Z axis.
- Orientation Sensor: Orientation Sensor defines a base orientation sensor interface and concrete sensor subclasses to monitor the device’s physical orientation in relation to a stationary three dimensional Cartesian coordinate system.