March 19th, 2015
WordPress 4.2 Beta 2 is now available!
This software is still in development, so we don’t recommend you run it on a production site. Consider setting up a test site just to play with the new version. To test WordPress 4.2, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”). Or you can download the beta here (zip).
For more information about what’s new in version 4.2, check out the Beta 1 blog post. Some of the changes in Beta 2 include:
- Added support for entering FTP and SSH credentials when updating plugins in-place. FTP and SSH users, please test!
- Improved cross-browser support for emoji throughout WordPress. If you’re using an older web browser, please tell us if you have problems using emoji.
- Further refined Press This authoring with auto-embedded media and better content scanning. We’d love to know how auto-embeds work for you.
- Added a constructor and improved method consistency in
WP_Comment_Query. Developers: if you’re extending
WP_Comment_Query, please let us know if you run into any issues.
- Various bug fixes. We’ve made more than 70 changes in the last week.
If you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. Or, if you’re comfortable writing a bug report, file one on the WordPress Trac. There, you can also find a list of known bugs and everything we’ve fixed.
Test some emoji
FTP and SSH
Let’s “Press” some embeds!