April 24th, 2013
Our weather module for joomla was downloaded many thousand times. Unfortunately google disabled the access to the weather api in September 2012.
So we where looking for an alternative and found wunderground.com. Wunderground.com offers a weather api with many functions.
In order to use the module you need an account at wundergrund.com. The basic account is free and allows 500 polls a day. Mod WuWather caches the response-files. So the access limit should be no problem.
You can fully customize the output with the built in CSS-file or your template CSS.
* Make yourself an account at www.wunderground.com
* Generate an API-Key for your application http://www.wunderground.com/weather/api
* Download and install the “wuweather Module” with the Joomla installation manager
* Create a new “wuWeather Module”
* Set the key, weather-location (Country, Town) and other in module-configuration
* Fixed installation for Joomla 3.x