August 17th, 2013
yoonique[.net] Markdown Extra plugin
It converts Markdown[^1] syntax in your content to HTML.
Markdown is intended to be as easy-to-read and easy-to-write as is feasible.
Readability, however, is emphasized above all else. A Markdown-formatted document should be publishable as-is, as plain text, without looking like it’s been marked up with tags or formatting instructions.
Markdown Extra[^2] is a special version of PHP Markdown implementing some features currently not available with the plain Markdown syntax.
The description on JED is written in Markdown syntax. You can see the HTML output on my site: [demo](http://www.yoonique.net/index.php?option=com_zoo&task=item&item_id=22)
– Download, install and enable the Yoonique Markdown content plugin.
– Menu `Extensions -> Install`
– Menu `Extensions -> Plugin Manager`
– That should be it. If you have any questions, please post in the forum.
[^2]: [Markdown Extra](http://michelf.com/projects/php-markdown/extra/)
– Joomla 3.1 compatible
– updated markdown (extra) from 1.2.5 to 1.2.7
– updated htmlawed from 1.1.13 to 1.1.15
– removed support for Joomla 1.5
– updated markdown (extra) from 1.0.1m (1.2.3) to 1.0.1o (1.2.5)
– Joomla 2.5 compatible
– dropped support for j17